Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 13 - 6/30/10


Zzzzzzzz...snore. Today was definitely a long tiresome one. I'm finished helping at VBS and start working at my new job in the morning. It is a bittersweet feeling I guess. You might wonder why I would wanna put myself through the work of taking care of little kids, cleaning up, and the barrage of Justin Bieber tracks? I just enjoy it...all of it. Every year VBS comes around and I feel that God is calling me to spend a week there helping younger kids develop and grow in their relationship with our Savior. Also, in a way, I feel I grow more in my faith. My goal of VBS is to be a good God-seeking role model to those kids. They are like sponges, you would be surprised how much they can absorb. Unfortunately, I never felt I had a real role model that I wanted to be like. So, I choose to act like the role model I feel I never had and try to lead others by example. It is just really humbling and sweet when I see one of the campers in my group outside of VBS with their parents and they immediately say hello and talk to their parents about something they learned from me. VBS is just honestly one of sure-fire moments I feel that my time is well-spent and that I am in my element: being a proper role model.

Tomorrow will be interesting...I have no idea what to expect out of this physical therapy tech job. All I know is that it will involve me helping my dad occasionally with patients and paper filing...lots of filing. At least its all computerized.

-R.D.

*Side note* My U.S. soccer jersey finally came in. I don't care if Ghana beat us, I'm still very proud of our team and the future is very bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment