Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 12 - 6/29/10

Here lies one of the keys of my heart. I know it sounds pretty ridiculous to say that an iPod is that much a part of me. However, it is. It just some unexplainable bond I share with it and its contents. Maybe this says it better than I do..

"Music is one of the best ways to enjoy the present. It's not much fun to look forward to hearing music or to remember what a song sounded like last week, but music right now absorbs you and places you in the moment." -Terri Guillemets

Also, in a way, music is therapy for my soul. I've come to find I can listen to the same song a countless number of times, but it's me coming to grip with myself that really makes me listen.. The way I see it is that you probably will never truly understand a song until you live it. It allows us to be fully immersed in the present and allows us to feel truly how we are in that moment. And this all pretty much happens subconsciously; this is what is incredible. Currently, my iPod has been stuck on In Repair by John Mayer. It just really speaks to me and tugs on many heartstrings.

-R.D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment