Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 265 - 3/8/11

My Mardi Gras is officially over. This photo is my last ado to the great city that hosted the biggest party on Earth for the past couple days. I've learned a couple things from my first official New Orleans Mardi Gras.

1) New Orleans is massive. If you plan to meet your friends on the parade, at least try to be on the right part of town. If you are in the French Quarter downtown and your friends are on Napoleon St., be aware you are about 50 BLOCKS downtown from where you need to be. At least, I can tell my children one day I walked from Bourbon Street to the New Orleans' suburbs without collapsing.

2) People care about their beads. They will fight to catch beads. They will get slightly nude for beads. Just know the go and NO zones and you'll be fine.

3) Maybe this falls under 2a...but if you want to awesome beads, flaunt your small child/brother/sister and/or midget friend. Floats love throw beads to the "little" ones.

4) Earning a spear at a New Orleans Mardi Gras is an honor. It's usually reserved for people who personally know people from the floats, people who are stupid crazy, or peoplewho are lucky. I fell under the latter category. Once you get a spear though, it's game over for the other people trying to catch beads.

It has been a fun couple days but sadly, I need to get back to college life.Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment