Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 151 - 11/15/10

You are probably wondering why there is a picture of assorted fungi?

Oh, random side joke...A mushroom walks into the bar and says to the bartender "Hay, could I get a beer please?" The bartender looks at him shaking his head and says "No, we don't serve your kind"
The mushroom says "Why not? I'm a Fungi!"....

Maybe that wasn't funny, but to each his own. The reason I took this picture is because my Biology Lab final is officially 2 weeks from now. And the major part of my exam is the classification of organisms. This is one of 70, yes 70!, photos I took in lab today. I have to classify random organisms by domain, kingdom, and phylum.

For example, the photo above is Eukarya, Fungi, Basidiomycota. Or mushrooms.

It is quite daunting and obviously insane task to know this information but I have just finished creating a 30 slide powerpoint of pictures and labels I hope will help aid me. I have created the holy grail of biology 1209 final reviews. I know that every semester there is a facebook group specifically created for this exam. Maybe it is my turn to carry on the tradition. I don't know if I should though. I know if I did, I would be everyone's best friend in the Biology department...

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment