Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 89 - 9/14/10

After a long day of class and studying heavily, nothing soothes the soul and causes a laugh like poker night with the boys. Tonight at man group, otherwise known as the Gentleman's Guild (it sounds so honorable I know), we had a discussion on the story of David and Goliath then a poker game. I know that sounds weird, but hear me out. We didn't play for money. It wasn't strip poker. It was for a free dinner next week. The winner will treated to dinner (which we decided to be ribs) at Chimes on our first man outing. And I also got a nice refresher of David and Goliath. It just amazes me the feats we are about to accomplish because God is with us. The lesson learned through this story is that when faced in a great obstacle, go all in and fully commit to overcoming because God is with you. It ties great into poker now that I think about it.

This brings me to my next point: I am no David or Goliath when it comes to poker. I'm probably more of Shirley Temple if anything. It is all good fun though. I got out second which if you knew my limited poker skills is completely decent. I am no Mike Matusow or Chris "Jesus" Ferguson. Actually, I am more of R.D. "If this was goldfish I'd be killin all you suckers" Mira. I have a shot to make it big, huh? Just wait. You'll be seeing me on ESPN...maybe. Maybe as the WHAT NOT TO DO segment. Regardless, I'll be a star! Just wait!

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment