Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 88 - 9/13/10

RUKUS? What is this RUKUS? As I walk around on campus I constantly catch glance at this word/phrase/example of bad spelling. Maybe it is some subliminal message?

So I decided to ask the all-knowing and omniscient Google... by the way, if you haven't read about the Church of Google you should. It's comic genius.

After 0.22 seconds of Google flexing its muscle power, I have come with a result! Rukus is a local skateboard company in Baton Rouge. And they must have quite the following because I see these stickers and graffiti markings in random places. It's kind of like going on an Easter egg hunt. Writing about this reminds of me of how much I miss skateboarding. I was never an expert but I knew how to ride the thing and I could ollie. Pop-shove it if I was lucky. I have been contemplating on whether or not I should purchase a longboard. I am rather sick of bicycles and all the people who apparently have not learned how to ride them coming into college. However, I do find it funny to see some poor freshmen completely wipe out trying to weave in and out in the quad. I just guess someone people are better at slalom riding than others.

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment