Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 86 - 9/11/10

This afternoon I took an hour drive west to Lafayette to see my brother's d1 team play soccer. Umm, lets just say that they have a long season to improve on their play. It was a thorough beating, on some equivalent level to that of Chris Brown and Rihanna but it will be alright. D1 is all preparation for high school soccer.

Currently, I'm sitting in the student union with practical hundreds of our die-hard (hopefully not fair weather) fans. We are beating Vanderbilt 10-0 in what I expect to be a easy win. Hopefully, I won't be eating those words by the end of tonight.

Finally, I want to send my thoughts, prayers, and condolences to the people affected by the September 11th tragedy.  It has been nine years years since that horrible day. Everyone has their story. Everyone remembers where they were when found out the news. Nine years later, I look at the state and condition of our country. I really can't say its a condition of rebirth. Some problems have been solved but most still linger. I would like to think our condition is more of improvement. I just think that we need to define out sense of unity as a country. After the aftershock of 9/11, I felt the overall unity and moral was at an all time high. Maybe we have just gotten too busy but every time I watch CNN all I see is disagreement. I just feel that the connection between people and government has become very strained. I want to find common ground again. Hopefully, today gives us common ground.

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment