Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 80 - 9/5/10

I love the glow of this picture. It is very serene. Today was an unexpected surprise type of day, if that makes sense. I went to church and found out that our music leader and my first youth minister was playing his last mass at Cabrini. He is going to move to Nashville to go to Ultra Sound school at Vanderbilt. I'm really excited for him but I'm sad to see him leave.

He was my first youth minister. My mom forced me to go to youth group as a sixth grader but it was his passion, love, and devotion to God that made me stay. He was one of the first people to introduce me to the wonderful grace and mercy of God. It was because of him our youth group went to all these different retreats and I discovered myself. He was my example of a Man of God. And I am forever grateful for that. Even to this day, I look forward to 6:15 mass because I know he plays guitar in the band and his talents only add to the experience. But those days have come to a bittersweet end. I am happy that he is finishing his education though. And as always, he will continue to be a die-hard LSU fan always. I can't wait to see that random purple and gold spot in a sea of black that is the Vanderbilt student section when our football teams collide. I know that spot will be him. You've taught me plenty about myself and about our God. Thanks Mark. Good luck man.

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment