Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 76 - 9/1/10

Happy September everyone! September is definitely a cool month. It's the transition to fall, my favorite season. Football begins this weekend when LSU destroys North Carolina in the Chick-fil-a Kick-Off Game. Even Earth, Wind, and Fire wrote a song dedicated to this awesome month.

Have you ever heard the proverb, "Take the road less traveled?" When I decided to give a new route a try walking to my class in Tureuad (see yesterday's post) and this is what I found. Randomly amongst the wide spread of trees, there exists a tree: the Mardi Gras tree. I don't know why it exists or why there are beads hanging from it. All I know is that the sight of it gets me pumped for Mardi Gras...in February. I really want to go to New Orleans this year and get my first taste of a Mardi Gras, Big Easy style. Anyways, I thought this tree was too noteworthy to ignore.

One more thing...speaking of searching around. I visited my friend Lindsey's blog (http://iwishicouldfly.tumblr.com/) and I ran across this...

YEAH! Kudos to you Lindsey. Your blog gets my first honorary shout-out! And whoever decided to ask this question? You're brilliant, pure brilliant.

-R.D.

1 comment: