Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 64 - 8/20/10

Here it is. This is the headquarters of my college experience. Yes, it's cramp. Yes, it's messy (as for right now). Yes, it doesn't seem like much but this is me. I don't know whether it is flattering or insulting to say that my life is easily packable into the back of a Nissan Sentra, but it is. Or the fact my closet can fit in a basket. But, it's true. I really downsized my stuff from last year. As a freshman, I thought I needed a mini version of my house in my room. But a dorm room isn't supposed to be your house. It's branch of the bigger educational tree. It is to give me shelter and give me enough peace to focus and study. I am way too social to feel caged up in this little room. My job is to learn and explore the world around me. This room is too small to satisfy my need for discovery. I am ready to get back into the routine of going to class and such.

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment