Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 50 - 8/6/10

Whoa, 50 blog posts! I'm proud to say my little blog is growing..

Today marks the beginning of the end of a really great relationship between myself and the...Eep. *sigh* I spent my late afternoon/early evening cleaning and prepping the Eep to be traded in for my new car. It is one of those bittersweet moments. I imagine the dream of every 16 year old walking out of DMV with their license and anxiety on their face is to be able to have a car from the start to call their own. The world suddenly becomes more expansive as soon as you crank the key, throw the PRNDHL (park, reverse, neutral, drive, high, low) into drive, and let your inhibitions and automotive instincts take effect. You learn early on that it does not matter where you go, but how you get there. The shortest path between two points (A and B) is a straight line, even shorter when you have a car (going the speed limit, of course..hmm). The Eep and I have had plenty of memories together. My first car will always have a special place in my heart, and I hope that someone comes along and gets a chance to use it and create their own memories. On the list of things that proven to be reliable, the Eep has earned a top spot on the list.

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment