Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 18 - 7/5/10

I feel that my TOMS are pretty photogenic sometimes. Maybe a little more than I am...hmm. Today was a good day. I went to work and just went along with my business. It felt oddly, dare I say, normal. I think I could use more days that feel like that. So once I got home, I took out the bike for a spin, just to get my legs moving and just to get some time to think about things. It was really nice to just take a breath outside and relax. As I was thinking, the only thing I could really grasp in my mind is this one song. It was just replaying in my mind like a CD on loop. It was In Repair by John Mayer. I know I mentioned it on a previous day but it just keeps echoing in my head and I continue to find more realization in it. Actually, I did some searching on youtube and found a documentary on how JM made the song: In Repair (One Song, One Day). Give it a view (pt.1 & pt.2). It is just really inspiring. There is this one part of the documentary that sounds absolutely brilliant and honest. As he explains his inspiration for the song he goes along to say..

"The lyric idea for In Repair came from this kinda knowledge about the way people are, that we're always either on the way down or the way up. You never really enjoy the moment when it's all put together because it probably never really is. Those moments where things come apart is only setting you up only for that moment where you put it back together again and you're so surprised that it is coming back together again. There's this beauty in the idea of being in repair."

Just listening to the tone and cadence of his explanation is something that feels indescribably real and incredibly true. Currently, that is the only way I feel I can describe myself being: in repair. And it is very beautiful to be.

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment