Saturday, June 5, 2010

Who Am I?

It is now less than two weeks before I can officially begin the 365 Project, but like I said in my last post I am going to give you a quick overview of who I think I am and what I think I am all about. Notice that I said "I think." I felt for the longest time that I been starting to change and finally starting to grow up. That is the whole point of this project right? It's purpose is to keep track of my growth for the next year. However, without further ado...let me introduce myself again.

I'm R.D. and I think the easiest thing to do in this sort of introduction is to tell you things I feel I am not and what my blogging history is.

First off, I'm probably not what you expect me to be from a first impression. I am Filipino (I prefer to spell it with a "P" but that's just a side note) but I don't consider myself your stereotypical Asian. The only thing I see myself being that is stereotypical is maybe the fact I excel at school, but from there it starts to diverge. I am lucky enough to say I am living the life I want to live in America. I'm probably considered by most as very "Americanized." I enjoy my alternative rock and rap music. I love my friends and family. They have allowed to be who I am without any objection and for that I'm extremely blessed. I'm single but not looking. There is plenty more of me left to discover and plenty of lessons I need to learn from life and my previous relationships that I need to let sink in before I can take another shot at a relationship with another girl. All I can promise is that whoever she is will be very lucky, and I don't know mean that in any arrogant way. It just I set very high standards for myself with the way I handle myself in relationships. Basically, I just want to consider myself another kid in his teen years with goals, hopes, and dreams he hopes to achieve in his lifetime. Now, that is not to say that my life is completely perfect.

I am, again, lucky to say at this point in my life that there are plenty more people in this world who have probably experienced far worse than I could ever imagine. However, the things I have experienced in my life have shaped who I am and how I view people. I do believe that people change. We are designed to change. It's the realization that people are not capable of being perfect, I think, is what drives all of us to change, hopefully for the better. I can't be a perfect person; all I can be is the best me I possibly can. The older I get, the more I realize that I tend to be control freak so I think a lot of my thoughts and feelings are sort of objections to the reality that I have created for myself by what other people think or have to say. It forces me to be accountable not only in the relationship with myself but also the relationships I have with others. When it comes to anything I do, I always try to do anything with the best intentions and hope for the best. It really bothers me that people can do and say things to others and not even fully realize the hurt they have inflicted. However, it is a part of the world we live in and the only thing I can really promise to anyone, family, friends, or strangers, is that anything I do is done with my heart and done with what I think the best intentions are for me and you. I honestly think there is a part of everyone who feels the way I do. Overall, I just feel like an ordinary person. I'm not some larger than figure just spit-balling philosophy at you. At times I just feel misunderstood and fortunately enough I am patient enough to work with you until we both find some understanding. You just have to meet me half way.

Now, on a lighter note. What is your blogging history and why blog, R.D.? Let me tell you..

I have always been a big fan of blogging. I started in middle school with a simple Xanga just because it was the trend with my friends. If I were to look at it now, it would probably just make me laugh. Those were some really good memories back then and its really eye-opening to see a glimpse of yourself from years ago. That's what I think the real beauty of blogging is. At that one moment when you are just blogging nothing else really matters. Every word I type right now in a couple months I'll look back upon and either think what was I thinking or wow that was kinda genius. But a blog, at least a well maintained blog, tends to grow as you do. As far as my favorite blog, I think my favorite blog and a blog that I set the benchmark in which I hope my blog can reach is the Julie/Julia Project. I know it's about cooking but it is also about honesty and dedication. The Julie/Julia Project is just a very modified 365 and it is just incredible the following she has achieved. However, as great as the fame or the movie deal is, I don't think any true and traditional blogger doesn't jump into one of these things thinking that they will strike it rich. If you love it and care for it, people will notice and find you interesting. That to me is striking it rich. As much as the Julie/Julia inspires me from a blogging perspective, I don't want this to be another one of those. John Mayer once said about writing music, "It's my failure to sound like my heroes, that has allowed me to sound like myself." I don't think I could say it any better. Hopefully, you have already notice some of my quirks as a blogger. I'm a big fan of links and I'll put some occasionally. I feel it makes blogging more interactive and I promise these links aren't viruses so take a look. Also, I'm making an effort to not include the words "lol" nor "haha" in any of my posts. This is a blog, not an instant messenger. If you find something funny you should laugh because it is and not because I'm inserting the laughing crowd for you.

Oh wow, this post was a dosey. I think I can say this is probably last of extremely long posts at least for a while. This is all introduction anyways. You're probably all waiting for the pictures to come up, me too. Soon enough, you will finally see a picture of me. It's nothing spectacular or anything. I'm a normal person, but I just want to let that be the first picture when the 365 finally begins. It just feels more special that way.

13 more days,
-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment