Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Setup

It is often said that a picture is worth a thousand words. However, nobody ever said a picture could not use a few more. To be a part of life's many brilliant moments is one thing but to share them in a way that is interesting and refreshing is another. This is the premise of this entire project. Now, what exactly is the 365 Project?

According to 365project.org,

 "The 365 project aims to collect photos documenting 1 year of your life. We want to build a picture of the little day to day things that make your life so special and unique. Everyone can take part and join in! All you need is a camera."

Now, I could use this website to accomplish my goal (and I encourage you to do so), but I am looking to make this something more personal. I have never been an avid blogger in the past besides my xanga I made back in middle school (but I consider it now a joke to the blogging community). This is no joke. Blogging is an opportunity to hone my creativity and improve my overall writing skills, but what I look forward to most to learn about myself in the process. This is the ultimate medium to express my thoughts and feelings in a concise and focused manner.

Before you go along thinking that this will be some deeply philosophical blog where I only talk in circles, hold the phone. I am in no way philosophical. I'm a Biology major at LSU. I consider myself a meditative individual but instead of wondering why things are the way they are, I rather just appreciate that things are the way they are and understand their place in our world. This viewpoint is one of my biggest inspirations for the 365 Project: the ability to see life as it is and hopefully in a year when it is all said and done I will find understanding of how it all fits.

Now, to the one rule of this project: there are none.

Basically, I will post a picture everyday starting from 6/18/2010 (my 19th birthday) to 6/18/2011 (my 20th birthday). In no way am I a professional photographer and most likely my camera equipment is laughable to any hardcore photography enthusiast but that is not the purpose of this. This is a journey of pictures and reflection through the 19th year of my life, the finale of my teenage years. And hopefully you, the reader, will join me along for the ride.

As for who I am, well my name is R.D. You will learn more about me as the project goes on..

Until you read again,
-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment