Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 261 -3/4/11

Tonight, I returned home for the weekend portion of my Mardi Gras break and a friend of mine invited me to watch his sister's musical. The name of the play was Hello Dolly. Quick plot synopsis: it is the story of a rich businessman and his lady "matchmaker." The businessman arrives to New York City to pursue a new wife but is immediately thrown into a series of humorous conflicts with other women and even his own employees who are taken a day off to visit NYC. As the musical ends, it is immediately realized that it is the matchmaker who is the man's perfect match. Thus, it ends on that realization of both parties. I saw this musical at nearby Bolton High School. They did a fine job in the production. High school fine arts programs are a great thing. I am lucky enough to be a product of a high school fine art program. All those years of band and watching my friends participate in plays really enriched my creativity. Kudos to Bolton for putting on a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment