Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 165 - 11/29/10

Do you smell the scent of death? That is my social life. Today (well technically yesterday because I'm late posting this) was the beginning of dead week. To clarify, dead week is the week before finals which is entirely spent on studying. All campus activities stop. No organization meetings. No campus events. No sports. It is time to buckle down and prepare for the war that is final exams week. Along with the grim and solace that accompanies dead week, the following occurrences, well, occur...

1) The dining halls become Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade crowded. This is because many of the new freshmen have 50+ meals left on their meal plans. In an attempt to deplete their supply and avoid rather pissed off parents who realize how much money they wasted on food for their child (trust me, I know what it's like to have extra meals you don't need), these students invite all their friends, family, teachers, and homeless people to use their "swipes." I have learned my lesson from last year. I have 6 meals left with 2 weeks left. You wonder how I will make it...don't worry. I have so many friends who want to get rid of meals I can pretty much eat for free next week. And man will I eat.

2) People become overly stressed out. Like super stressed out. I understand I have expressed my fair share of stress via this blog but it is only day one of dead week and it feels like the next zombie apocalypse. People are forcibly restraining themselves from facebook. People are camping in the library. Art majors are literally sweating paint onto their canvases. This all comes with the territory though. Finish strong, finish strong.

3) Finally, Coffee Call becomes a second home to me. Late nights, I dwell...studying away intensely and chompin' down on sweet sugary beignet-y  goodness. Powdered sugar is my drug. I don't need crack when there is powdered sugar. My friends and I have massive study parties at Coffee Call. They get pretty epic.

-R.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment